Lab Rat Academy makes every effort to ease students into the area of anatomy. Some student are more sensitive than others to the smell of the solutions used to preserve dissection specimens. Introduction to Biology does not use preserved specimens or super sharp dissecting tools. Introduction to Biology is for any age, young or old.
Owl Pellet Exploration
Bring the fun of exploring the natural world into your classroom. Owl pellet products are safe and easy to use for students of all ages. Excellent for hands-on, inquiry-based learning, Carolina owl pellet dissection activities will excite and engage your students. They also help you meet many National Science Education Standards and state standards at the same time!
- Discover insights into raptor’s feeding habits and food webs.
- Study ecosystems, predator/prey relationships, even the role of enzymes in digestion.
Learning to identify the parts of plants and learning about the functions of the different structures has never been so easy and fun. Young children are particularly interested in flowers because of their diversity and their beauty.
- Achieve an understanding of the life cycle of plants.
- Understand how plant structures relate to their functions and plant adaptations.
The role of fruit is to help disperse the seeds over a wide area. Dissect and observe the structures of a variety of different vegetables and fruit.
- Observe the structures of fruit and seeds.
- Dissect and learn the names of each structure and relate structure to function.
- Improve dissection skills.
The squid is a fascinating invertebrate with peculiar structures that students can compare to higher and lower level animals. Pique your students’ interest in animal anatomy by dissecting a squid. Lab Rat Academy will guide students to locate and identify the squid’s external and internal features.
- Study anatomical features that are readily observable.
- Investigate structural adaptations .
- Observe relationships between form and function.